Iolanda Cristina de Freitas Ramos (collaborator)
|Research Group: English Studies: Culture (RG 2)
Professional Title: Assistant Professor
Academic Degrees: PhD in Anglo-Portuguese Studies, English Culture, U Nova Lisboa.
Institutional Address: CEAUL -Faculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa, Alameda da Universidade, 1600-214 Lisboa
- (2010-...). The British Empire: Ideologies, Perspectives, Perceptions. (Scient. Coord. LLFaria, CEAUL/ULICES). Collaborator.
- (2006-...). Mapping Dreams: British and North-American Utopianism. CETAPS. Researcher.
Chapters in books, including contributions to conference proceedings, contributions to festschriften, essays in collections:
- (2011). “New Imperialism, Colonial Masculinity and the Science of Race.” In ASerras (Ed.) Empire Building and Modernity. Lisboa: CEAUL, 79-105.
Organisation of scientific dissemination activities:
- (2012). Org. Committee of Int. Seminar Victorians Like Us: Memories, Dialogues and Trends, U Lisboa, 21-23 Nov.
Presentations in national conferences:
- (2012). “R. F. Burton Revisited: Steampunk and the Neo-Victorian Imagination.” Int. Seminar Victorians Like Us: Memories, Dialogues and Trends, U Lisboa, 21-23 Nov.
- (2011). “The Mountains of Their Discontent: The Speke vs Burton Controversy.” Int. Conf. Reviewing Imperial Conflicts, U Lisboa, 27-28 Oct.
- (2013). “The Mountains of Their Discontent: The Speke vs Burton Controversy.” In AMendes and CBaptista (Eds.) Reviewing Imperial Conflicts. Cambridge Scholars Publishing (Winter).